(this post was supposed to be yesterday's, but my laptop went down so I didn't get to post it. So,I'm just gonna post it anyway. )
So,imma give you a rundown of my day. If you don't wanna hear anything boring, you might as well skip reading this part. I'm just gonna post this since I don't have anything more interesting to talk about. So here is what happened to my day:
- 7:00am- We (my friend Ivanne and I) weren't sure if today is second year's schedule for pre-enlistment (a process wherein we,students, are going to reserve slots for subjects we want to take for next sem's class.) We decided to go to school this early so that, if ever it really is our pre-enlistment sched, then we can finnish early and didn't have to fight for slots with other students. It turned out our sched is not until tomorrow. So yeah, we decided to do our alternative activity which is to attend our alternative class in Humanities(my fave subject,btw..)
- 8:00-8:30am- we ate breakfast and waited for our class to start, which was supposed to be at 8:30 am,but our teacher was very late, so we waited again for another 30 mins.
- 9:00am-12nn- Our teacher, Sir Ed Defensor,(rellcognized to be one of "The Living Legends" in Visayas), presented various types of films related to arts. First was a film entitled (i'm not really sure) "How to go to a musuem". At first it was kind of interesting,but I became bored with the last part,since it was an old film and the narrator's voice was like a lullaby to my ears. Then we saw a documentary about the Metropolitan Museum of Arts in New York, Now,that was the best part! I promised to myself that imma visit it one day in the future because it really is interesting. It was said to hold at least 2 million work of arts of different artists all over the world.( Imma tell u some story first. before I was not really into arts, I took them for granted. Yeah,I've heard some artists here and there but never really turned my attention to them. I was like "the hell i care?". so when I took this Humanities class, my world really changed. My teacher is a some-kind-of-famous artist all over the world,and is related to Sen. Miriam Defensor Santiago. He is like a "renaissance man" of our generation because he is good at any kind of art, like painting, singing and acting.( okay,i'm gonna stop talking about him, Now you know that I admire him so much.) So yeah, he made me appreciate arts because of the way he teaches.) So,when he showed us the documentary, my will to go to that museum strengthen. He also showed us the top ten highest selling artworks (which is also interesting) and a documentary about the Temple of Kama Sutra (yawn) and Pahiyas Festival of the Philippines (double yawn).
- 12:10-1:30pm-we ate our lunch at McDonalds (more fats =((( ). I saw there a friend in high school who I admired so much. (I'm not gonna elaborate on that coz it will just bore you.)
- 1:30-2:30pm- we went to an internet cafe to try our luck in pre-enlisting but failed to do so. I ended up spending 50 pesos for watching non-sense videos in the net. Guess I just grabbed the opportunity of a fast net connection since our dorm's net is so slow, like it will take me a week to load a 10-minute video.
- 3:00-4:00-we took a nap. We were so tired. =P
- 4:00-700 pm- We went to our swimming class and took the pre-finals practical exam. It went out pretty well for a starter like me. I can't believe i did it! awesome. LOL i got an average of 2.0 for my grade. I know it's not much but I was satisfied with that already. I was really tired and didn't have much force anymore to kick. So,I really deserve that grade.
- 7:00-8:00pm- We ate our dinner. I had sisig for my viand, which I was craving for such a long time already. And we went to a nearby coffee shop to grab a cup of gelatto for dessert. It was such a treat. Yum yum. Because I was craving so much for sweets, I bought a slice of "Sensation" smores brownies for take out. I was supposed toeat it during smy study for my hum exams tomorrow, but as soon as I got home (dorm,technically), I ate it. I just can't resist it. So now I am empty-handed. I don't have any "food for the brains" anymore. I just hope I will digest all the info I will be studying in a while.
now,10:46pm, still typing this and not yet studying for my exam. I have like 30 pages of artists' names to memorize and not to mention the titles of their artworks and some other description about them. I guess I have to look forward again to another 3-hour sleep.
I know it looks like my day is so long. Well.it really is. Tomorrow will be a more stressful one since I have the pre-enlistment thingy, and an exam, and I hope not, our math exam result will be returned. Ugh! I am getting stressed just by thinking about it.
So,what happened to your day? tell me about it. I'm interested to know. =))
- <3 Nadin